March 5, 2006
Coolest AJAX UI ever built!
With the recent snow in Boston (some of which is still around) I found the time to build the coolest AJAX UI that I have ever seen. Some of the characteristics of it:
- Built 100% with off-the shelf AJAX components (7 in total)
- Each component is fully encapsulated with an off-the-shelf wrapper
- The interfaces between the components were so simple, I only needed to literally place each component (they were designed to be stackable).
- The total cost of the components was $8.41 (U.S.) and I had a few components, included in that price, that turned out not to be necessary to use.
- The only real trick to the entire exercise was getting the foundation stable enough to stack the components on top. I found that the initial foundation caused the components to crash, but with a few minutes of configuration adjustments the foundation was completely stable.
- I tweaked the alignment of the stack to try to get to optimal alignment. I could probably have spent a little more time perfecting the alignment, but the UI still looks very good.
Take a look at the UI here. It is extremely intuitive and you do not have to be familiar with AJAX to get an appreciation for the construction technique.
I think that you will agree that this is the coolest AJAX UI ever!